A nutty shortbread-like base, sweet, tart and juicy blueberry filling with crumbly toppings – these healthy Blueberry Crumble bars are so easy to make and absolutely delicious. It is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free as well. Perfect snack or dessert for your 4th of July party!
Summer is in full force here. It is my favorite season for fruits! All the berries, peaches are so sweet and juicy. Expect lots of fruity recipes coming your way!
Anyway, blueberry is probably my favorite fruit (sorry avocado, I don’t treat you like a fruit).
Since my Raspberry PB&J Oatmeal bars was such a hit, I have been meaning to give this recipe a blueberry & almond butter tweak.
And, it is almost Fourth of July! Perfect timing! Blue and red berries seem to be rather appropriate, right?
Why do I love these Blueberry Crumble Bars
These Blueberry Crumble Bars have a nutty shortbread-like base that is made with gluten free oats and smooth almond butter.
Filled with a thick layer of juicy, sweet and tart blueberry jam.
Topped with crumbling crispy crumbles on top.
1. Healthy Breakfast to go
Instead of butter, I used my favorite almond butter. It gives the oatmeal bars an amazing nutty and buttery taste. Moreover, I used maple syrup to sweeten the oatmeal bars.
All of these ingredients sound like the perfect combination of a healthy and satisfying breakfast, don’t they?
2. Perfect Healthy Snack and Dessert
The layer of juicy blueberry filling in this crumble bar recipe is made with frozen blueberries, maple syrup and chia seeds.
It is sweet, tart and juicy.
Chia seeds not only is a healthy source of omega-3 fatty acid but also give these oatmeal bars a nice crunchy texture.
3. SO Easy to make
Made with only a handful of simple accessible ingredients, these blueberry oatmeal bars are definitely baking dummy proof.
One Bowl is all you need.
No food processor required.
4. Perfect 4th of July Party Snacks
Made with BLUEberries, decorate with RED raspberries. You will have the perfect party dessert that will please family and friends.
How to Make Healthy Blueberry Crumble Bars
If you give this blueberry crumble bar recipe a try, you will understand why I keep saying it is so easy to make.
Because it is SO easy to make.
Making the Nutty Crust:
First, whisk 3 wet Ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup
Second, add dry ingredients.
- Gluten free oats
- Gluten free oat flour
- Baking soda
Third, mix all the ingredients together well with a spoon or you hands.
Then press 3/4 of the dough into a coconut oil greased baking pan. Bake 400 F for 10 minutes.
Making Homemade Blueberry Chia Jam
While the Crumble Bar crust is in the oven, you can start whipping up this juicy crunchy blueberry chia jam.
Similarly to my Raspberry Chia Jam recipe, this blueberry jam is made with 3 ingredients only,
First, you will need:
- Frozen blueberries
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
Second, bring 1/2 cup of frozen blueberry and 1 tbsp of water to boil. Smash the blueberries down with a spoon.
Lastly, turn the heat to low then stir in maple syrup and chia seeds.
In about 5 minutes , the chia seeds will soak up the liquid and plum up into gel-like texture.
Layering up the Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
After the crust cooled down, we are ready to layer up to assemble the oatmeal bars!
- Smudge one more layer of almond butter.
- Spread the blueberry chia chia jam on top.
- Crumble the rest of the oatmeal dough on top.
Oven it goes!
Now scroll down to check out the full recipe and baking! You will love these vegan blueberry crumble bars. They are the perfect grab-to-go breakfast, healthy school snacks and satisfying dessert. Hope this blue and red themed oatmeal bar will be a crowd pleaser for your 4th of July party.
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- 3/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Blueberry Chia Jam
- 1/2 cup frozen Blueberry
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the Oven to 350 F
- Set 1/4 cup of almond butter aside. Then mix all the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Add all the dry ingredients to the same mixing bowl, oats, oat flour and baking soda. Mix everything well to form a dough. (Use your hand if needed). This will be the crust layer.
- Spray down a 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Add 3/4 of the "oats" dough and press down firmly with your hands.
- Bake the crust layer for 10 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- While the crust makes, you can whip up a homemade Blueberry Chia Jam (Find the recipe in the post).
- Once the crust layer cools a little bit (~ 15 minutes), spread the rest 1/4 cup of almond butter evenly on top of the crust layer. Then spread the blueberry chia jam evenly.
- Lastly, Crumble up the rest of the oatmeal dough on top and add a handful of frozen blueberries.
- Bake 25 minutes. Let it cool completely (~20 minutes). Cut into squares. Enjoy!
- Please see the "Making Homemade Blueberry Chia Jam" section for the recipe of homemade blueberry jam.
- Storage: Store the Blueberry crumble bars in the fridge up to 5 days, or freeze them in an airtight storage bag or container.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
The Nutrition Fact Below is specific to the ingredient I choose to use for this recipe, which may vary.
You May Also like These Recipes: