This Peanut Butter Oatmeal bar recipe blurs the line between dessert and breakfast. It is filled with sweet and tart raspberry jam which compliments the peanut butter so perfectly. This recipe is not only healthy and so easy to make, but also vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
Grab a healthy peanut butter oatmeal bar as the best dessert, satisfying make-ahead breakfast, or a quick afternoon pick-me-up snack. Our childhood favorite Peanut Butter Jelly is having a healthy make-over!
I’m definitely on a peanut butter kick lately. I am usually an almond butter type of gal., but I guess our taste buds change every 7 years.
Don’t get me wrong, almond butter is still my main squeeze. In fact, it makes a perfect alternative for this recipe if you are intolerant to peanut butter.
Simple Ingredients to make these Peanut Butter Oatmeal bars
The ingredients you will need for this healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal bar recipe are simple and accessible.
All you need are 6 simple ingredients:
1. Gluten Free Rolled Oats (old fashioned)
Blend one cup of the oats into oat flour. You could either blend it yourself or purchase oat flour. If you are blending yourself, I recommend using a high-speed blender like vitamix so you can get really fine flour.
2. Peanut Butter
Look for the ones that only have one ingredient, peanuts.
3. Raspberry Jam (jelly)
I used my homemade Raspberry Chia Jam (you can find this 2-ingredient recipe Here). My other favorite is Spread the love raspberry jam. It is such a clean product and only sweetened by cane sugar (not sponsored, I just love this brand).
4. Maple Syrup
We are not talking about auntie Jane’s breakfast syrup here. It is essentially made with high fructose corn syrup. Not saying it’s not delicious, there are just too many fillers and preservatives in it.
5. Frozen or fresh raspberries
Use what’s in season or what you have on hand
6. Coconut oil
Why I love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Nutty, Sweet, Gooey, Crumbly
- Healthy Makeover of our childhood favorite PB&J
- Versatile enough to enjoy any time of the day
Easy Crust for Oatmeal Bar Recipe
I love this crust for any pies and bars. You can basically make endless of variations!
But I have always been intimated of making the crust myself.
However, this Peanut Butter oatmeal crumble bar crust is so easy. Trust me, my attention span is too short to come up with any recipes overly complicated anyway.
You only need to toss all the ingredients together in a bowl. And voila! You have both the crust base and the crumble on top.
Even better? The crust base is so chewy.
And the crumble on top are so crispy and crumbly.
Substitution for Peanut Butter
When it comes to nut butter, I always think that the flavors of cashew and almond butter are comparably mild.
On the other hand, peanut butter has a distinct taste. So it is usually a love or hate relationship. Here I have a few alternatives to peanut butter in this recipe, in case you are on the hate team or are allergic to peanuts.
- Almond Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Sunflower Seed Butter
Similarly, Sunflower butter may also be a love or hate relationship for you. It has a very different taste. But I love it! And it is nut free. So if you are allergic to nuts or just looking for a change, I highly recommend giving it a try. It is a game changer for me.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter Jelly Time, Peanut Butter Jam Time… Peanut Butter Jelly… Okay sorry, I just had to. This whole time writing this post, that song has been stuck in my head.
Last but not least, scroll down to check out the full instruction. I promise these peanut butter jelly oatmeal crumble bars won’t disappoint.
You can enjoy these healthy PB&J as breakfast, dessert, or snack. They are so healthy and super kid-friendly too!
Even better, it makes a great Mother’s Day surprise. Impress your mama for Mother’s Day with these. Remember how many PB&J she made you?
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Here are some other dessert for breakfast recipe ideas you may like:
Don’t forget to save this recipe on your favorite Pinterest Board and share it with your friends and family!
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat the Oven to 350 F
- Set 1/4 cup of the peanut butter aside. Then in a large mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup of peanut butter with maple syrup and coconut oil together.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the same mixing bowl, oats, oat flour and baking soda. Mix everything well to form a dough. (Use your hand if needed)
- Spray an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper
- Add 3/4 of the "oats" dough and press down firmly with your hands. This will be the Crust layer
- Bake the crust layer for 10 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- While the crust bakes, whip up a homemade Raspberry Chia Jam (Find the recipe here). Or you can use store-bought Raspberry Jam.
- Once the crust layer cools a little bit (~10 minutes), spread the rest 1/4 cup of PB evenly on top of the crust layer
- Then spread the raspberry jam on top
- Lastly, Crumble up the rest of the dough evenly on top and add a handful of frozen raspberry
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes
- Let it cool completely. Cut into squares. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g