12 Nov Roasted Apple Brussel Sprouts
Looking for a super easy and quick Thanksgiving side dish idea? I’ve got you covered with this crowd pleaser. This oven-roasted Apple Brussel Sprouts combo is filled with all of your fall-themed essentials. It is not only an easy recipe to throw together, but also a healthier and lighter option than all the turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. It is also Gluten-Free, Vegan and Paleo-Friendly. Bonus? It looks super-duper fancy. Amirite?
Use Apples to sweeten things up
I have been on a sautéed-apple kick this fall. I love to simply pan-fry them in some coconut oil and cinnamon and throw them on top of my oatmeal, pancakes, toast and NOW into a savory Thanksgiving dish! The apples are a pleasant surprise, adding a nice sweet crunch to the brussel sprouts.
Firstly, you will need to chop and then place the ingredients in a pan – brussel sprouts, apple, squash and pecans. Secondly, season them with salt pepper, cinnamon and rosemary. Then while the vegetables are roasting in the oven, you can enjoy a nice glass of pinot noir with the family. Just under 30 minutes, you will have a sweet and savory Thanksgiving vegetable side dish!
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 large apple
- 1 lb chopped butternut squash
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Pinch Cinnamon, rosemary (Optional)
- Thoroughly wash all the produce
- Chop apples and butternut squash into cubes. (Or you could buy the pre-chopped butternut squash if you are lazy like me)
- Half brussel sprouts
- Add everything into a sheet pan or baking dish
- Add olive oil and seasoning, rub it with the veggies to make sure they are coated thoroughly
- Add pecans on top
- Bake 375 F for 30 min
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds (SO FANCY right?)