Super easy to make, these baked apple cinnamon oatmeal cups are soft, chewy, and make the perfect healthy breakfast on the go. Especially when Fall is right around the corner. It is also vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and dairy-free.
This post is sponsored by Planet Oat Oat Milk.
Since I made the peanut butter oatmeal cookies, I have been obsessed with the chewy and soft texture.
Now back to School season is in full-blown and fall is just right around the corner. Who doesn’t Fall for our all-time favorite flavor combination?
Baked Apple Cinnamon!
Healthy Breakfast On the Go with cinnamon apple baked oatmeal cups
Made with gluten-free oats, cinnamon, apples, and maple syrup, this baked oatmeal cups recipe is perfect for meal prep ahead at the beginning of the week. Then you will have a delicious and nutritious breakfast ready in 5 seconds every morning.
They are perfect to prepare a batch or two ahead of time during your weekend meal prep. Because these oatmeal cups store well in the refrigerator or the freezer.
During a busy weekday morning, all you need to do is to heat it up and add your favorite toppings. Even better? These baked oatmeal cups are Mess-Free. So you can pack them for the road!
Dairy-Free and Nut-Free Baked Oatmeal Cups
In order to make this recipe free from a few common allergens, I used Planet oat Oat Milk.
It is a great milk alternative that is vegan, dairy-free, gluten and nut-free. I have been loving this Oat milk in my smoothie, cold brew, or plant-based recipe like this one. Because it is full-bodied, silky and so creamy.
Besides the delicious taste, Oat milk is rich in lots of essential nutrients our bodies need, such as vitamin A, vitamin D, and calcium.
Additionally, oat milk is high in fiber and low fat. Pour a glass for your little one to enjoy with cookies or these baked apple oatmeal cups.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal cups
This one bowl recipe not only requires you 5 seconds to prepare but there is also no additional cleaning needed.
That’s right. Because all you need is one bowl, no blender or mixer is needed.
First, combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk the oats, apple spices, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
Second, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix well.
Then, fill the greased muffin pan with ¾ way full.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Last but not least, wait until the oatmeal cups cool (15 – 20 minutes). Use a butter knife or spoon to scrape the wall around the muffins and take them out of the muffin pan, in case the muffins have had any sticking to the pan.
Tips for Making the Best cinnamon apple Baked Oatmeal Cups
- First of all, coat a muffin pan with a generous amount of coconut oil. Or use a silicon non-sticking muffin liner. Otherwise, it will be pretty hard and messy to get these cups out of the pan.
- Sauté the apples in cinnamon and coconut oil lightly before mixing in the batter.
- Wait until they are cooled enough before taking them out of the muffin pan (I know, it’s hard).
- The batter will be more liquid than our normal muffin or cake batter. Trust, me the oats will soak up the liquid. And it will turn out so moist, soft, and chewy.
Other Flavors for Baked Oatmeal Cups
The sky is unlimited when it comes to the add-ons you can choose for these baked oatmeal cups. Try these combinations:
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Jelly
- Banana Nut
- Coconut Chips
- Blueberry Lemon
That’s why this breakfast oatmeal recipe is perfect to customize for your little picky eaters. You can change up the flavors, and they will never be bored of them.
How to Serve Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
To begin with, these baked apple cinnamon oatmeal cups are so delicious to be enjoyed by themselves. But you are like me, I always have to load up the toppings. My favorite toppings for these oatmeal cups are yogurt, peanut butter, cacao nibs and/or maple syrup.
Vegan Options: Try dairy-free yogurts such as coconut, almond, or cashew yogurt.
Nut-Free Options: Try sun flour butter or tahini (made with ground sesame seeds).
Crunchy toppings: Cacao nibs, hemp seeds, granola are all great options. Get creative!
The Classic: Maple Syrup!
How to Store cinnamon apple Baked Oatmeal Cups
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or you can freeze them individually for up to 2 months. When you are ready to enjoy them, simply reheat them in the microwave and add your favorite toppings.
I hope you enjoy this perfect Fall recipe – Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups. You and your family will love these as breakfast or dessert. They are soft, chewy and so easy to make. It is also vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and dairy-free.
You May Also like These Fall Recipes:
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cups (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 cup dairy free Planet Oat Vanilla Oat Milk
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nut meg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar optional
- ½ cup walnuts Optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Generously spray a muffin pan with non-sticking cooking spray. Or use silicon muffin liners.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk the oats, apple spices and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts (if using any) with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fill the greased muffin pan with 3/4 way full. Add extra apples and sprinkle of cinnamon if you like.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until tooth pick come out clean.
- Last but not least, take the oatmeal cups out of the muffin cups once they cooled down.
- In step 3, sauté the apples lightly in coconut oil for softer but still crunchy texture.
- In the last step, use a butter knife or spoon to scrape the wall around the muffins and take them out of the muffin pan, in case the muffins have had any sticking to the pan.
- How to make 2 flax eggs: soak 2 tablespoon ground flax seeds with 4 tablespoon liquid (I used Planet Oat Original oat milk).
- If you are using original flavor of any dairy free milk, add 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- See some tips and tricks for making the best oatmeal cup in the “Tips” section in this post.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.