Another Fall Favorite recipe – Paleo Apple Bread with Crumble Topping. Packed with fall spices and crunchy apples, this healthy version of cinnamon apple bread is moist, fluffy and so soft. It is easy to make, gluten free and paleo friendly.
Healthy Apple Bread! One of the most requested recipes from you guys.
Besides pumpkin and warm spiced apples, apple cinnamon flavored desserts have been my favorite this fall. This Paleo Apple Bread with Crumble Topping, is the winner of them all.
A couple of my other favorite Apple Recipes this Fall:
What Makes this Cinnamon Apple Bread Healthy
Made with only a few accessible ingredients, this apple bread is gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
Paleo Flour Mix
The only two types of flours used in this apple bread recipe are:
- Almond Flour
- Tapioca Flour
They are both paleo friendly flour, unlike the all purpose flour used in traditional apple bread recipe.
No Refined Sugar or Sweetener
This Apple Bread recipe is sweetened with applesauce and maple syrup. I also added some coconut sugar to give my sweet tooth extra satisfaction.
How to make the Best Crumble Topping
This Paleo crumble topping is so easy to make and tastes amazing. You won’t believe there are only four ingredients:
- Almond flour
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Apple Pie Spice
Note: I also added pecans just to make it extra nutty.
All you need is to hand-mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and let it sit in the fridge while you prepare the apple bread. Once the bread batter is done, spread the crumbles on top of the apple bread.
Besides adding the best crunchy texture, this crumble topping also makes the apple bread look extra fancy.
Tips for the Best Apple Bread
1. What Apples to use
You can use any kind of apples for this apple bread recipe. My favorite is Honey Crisp because they are light and crunchy.
I usually chop the apple into small cubes and lightly sauté it with coconut oil with ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon. This step elevates the apple cinnamon flavor and the sautéed apples will melt in your mouth when you bite into a slice.
2. Do Not Over-mix the Batter
First, mix the wet ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Second, whisk all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then, use a spatula to gently combine the two together.
Over-mixing could result in a dense apple bread texture.
3. How to Make Homemade Apple Pie Spice
You can either use store bought apple pie spice or make your own. It is super easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
4. How to Store Healthy Apple Bread
Once the apple bread has cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Or you can freeze it for up to 2 months. Additionally, you can slice the apple bread then wrap each piece individually with a plastic wrap. When you are ready to enjoy, you can just thaw out individual servings.
Last but not least, this paleo, gluten free apple bread is husband-approved and kid friendly. It is so easy to make, and is perfect to pack for a school snack this time of the year.
More Fall Recipes You may Enjoy:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Apple pie spice *
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, add almond flour, coconut sugar, apple pie spice and coconut sugar.
- Mix together. Leave in the fridge while preparing the apple bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line or grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cube half an apple (1/2 cup total), Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan, lightly sauté the apple with 1/2 tsp cinnamon for about 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients - eggs, apple sauce, maple syrup and almond butter. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients - almond flour, tapioca flour, apple pie spice, baking powder and coconut sugar (if using any)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently mix together with a spatula or spoon. Fold in the sautéed apples.
- Pour the apple bread batter into the loaf pan. Spread the crumble toppings on top.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the apple bread to cool on a cooling rack. Slice and enjoy!
1. *You can either use store bought apple pie spice or make a super easy homemade one (recipe in the "How to Make Apple Pie Spice")
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g
The Nutrition Fact Below is specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.