White Bean Chicken Chili
This healthy White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe made in a Crockpot is so easy and flavorful. Packed with spicy chilis, creamy white beans, and tender chicken, it is the best healthy comfort food for soup season.
Fall, chilly weather, soup season is just upon us.
But let’s be honest, a big bowl of thick and creamy chili is good all year round. This easy slow cooker White Bean Chicken Chili is the best healthy comfort food for your whole family to enjoy.
Tom and I have been loving my Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chili since last Fall.
So I decided it was time to “spice” things up. This white chicken chili recipe turned out amazing, and is definitely here to stay!
Easy slow cooker White Chicken Chili
The crockpot is my favorite way to cook. All of the prep work is done on the front end.
Once you have added all the ingredients in the slow cooker (I used this one), you can go off and work on something else while the crockpot does the job of cooking.
This White Chili recipe is no exception.
It is so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients you can pick up from your neighborhood grocery stores.
First, chop and dice the onion and garlic.
Second, combine all the ingredients in the crockpot.
Then, just wait for it to slow cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 – 2.5 hours. Ready to serve!
Healthy White chicken Chili for Soup Season
This recipe not only has all the healthy ingredients but also result in the most creamy and thick texture.
Yes, comfort and hearty food can be made healthy too. This White Bean Chili Recipe is dairy free, low fat and high protein.
In traditional white chicken chili recipe, it calls for heavy cream. However, in this recipe, I omitted the cream. Instead, I used an immersion blender quickly blend the soup in order to give it a creamy and thick texture.
Trust me, it did the trick.
How to Make healthy White Chicken Chili Spicy
This white chicken chili is packed with flavors because of a variety of spices used.
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
If you prefer spicy chili, which I personally do, double the amount of cayenne pepper. Additionally, add half of a diced jalapeno pepper in the chili.
How to Make healthy White Bean chicken Chili Creamy
Since we are not using any heavy cream or dairy in this chili recipe, how do we make it creamy and thick? Use an immersion blender!
Towards the end of cooking, take out of the chicken to cool and shred. While the chicken is cooling, use an immersion blender to lightly blend the soup.
The key here is to blend it just enough to create that creamy and thick texture from the cooked down white beans. However, you don’t want to blend it all the way. Because the white beans add a nice texture to the chili.
How to Serve White Bean Chicken Chili
1. Full fat yogurt or sour cream
You can use regular full-fat yogurt, sour cream or dairy-free plain yogurt to top off the chili.
2. Shredded Cheese
Try adding sprinkles of shredded cheddar cheese, mix it up and have the cheese melt away in the spicy white chili.
3. Corn Bread
Who doesn’t like to serve a good ole bowl of chili with some warm, fluffy and sweet corn bread? This classic duo can never get old.
I am a huge fan in that texture contrast. Try adding a little crunchy texture to the creamy and thick soup
- Sliced almonds
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- Diced red onion
5. Fresh Cilantro
French herbs are always a great way to top comfort food like this crockpot chili.
Finally, scroll down to check out the full recipe and directions for this healthy and easy white bean chicken chili recipe. The best healthy comfort food for your whole family to enjoy.
OOO ALSO I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN USE “TRIED IT” ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #SHUANGYSEATS
You May Also Like These Recipes:
1. Baked Crispy Bacon Brussel Sprouts
2. Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
3. Slow Cooker Paleo Italian Meatball
Get the recipe:White Bean Chicken Chili (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1.2 pounds chicken breast, 2 -3 pieces
- 2 1/2 cups chicken/bone broth
- 2 cans of cannellini beans
- 2 cans of green chili, 4 - 4.5 oz can
- 1 cup diced yellow onion, 1 small
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot flour, optional, see notes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Garnish and Sides to Serve
- Gluten Free Corn Bread Muffin
- Dice Onion and mince garlic garlic and set aside.
- Add Chicken, beans, chopped onion, minced garlic, spices and chicken broth to a 6-quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate. Once it is cool enough to, shred and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooling, use an immersion blender (I used this one), to puree part of the chili to thicken it, leaving about half of the beans whole. You can also transfer it to a separate food processor and pulse a few times.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and cook on low for another half an hour or until the chicken is warmed up.
- Serve with your favorite garnish and sides (see the "how to serve" section in this post for ideas!)
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.
One comment on “White Bean Chicken Chili”