Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
These simple, air fryer Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are crispy on the outside and pillowy on the inside. Take your breakfast to the next level this fall.
Personally, there is nothing better than an air fryer breakfast recipe; these Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are crispy, soft, and filled with fall spice.
Additionally, they’re low maintenance. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare, and your air fryer does the rest of the work!
Simply, line your air fryer with parchment paper and your clean-up process is a breeze! As a busy mom, this frees up my hands for all the other morning mom responsibilities.
iS An Air fryer Good for making french toast?
In truth, an air fryer might be the best way to make French toast sticks!
Without a doubt, these air fryer French toast sticks save me so much time cooking. Plus, they’re healthier and taste even better than any Eggo.
Additionally, if you are a busy mom like me, you know the worst part of cooking is cleaning up. To further simplify the process, add parchment paper as your base and simply throw it away after baking!
I have yet to make something in my air fryer that hasn’t turned out fantastic. It crisps up food evenly and is way better than the traditional method of pan-frying.
Which bread is best for french toast?
Generally, French toast bread is best made with stale bread. You can use a fresh loaf; however stale bread absorbs the egg mixture better. For this reason, it’s the best way I’ve found to use up all my old bread!
When it comes to the type of bread, any bread works fine, but my favorite is brioche. It’s super thick, so when I put it in the air fryer it gets crispy on the outside yet remains extra soft and fluffy on the inside.
Additionally, I like French bread and challah because they are super sturdy and delicious! In case you’re feeling spicy, do me a favor and try the Trader Joe’s pumpkin brioche – it’s AMAZING.
Ingredients in Pumpkin French Toast Stick
My favorite part of this recipe is that its super simple:
Pumpkin pie spice
Maple syrup, optional
Toast, your choice & cut into sticks
How to Make Pumpkin French toast sticks
Begin by slicing your toast into thick sticks of about 4 inches long. On the other hand, you can also just leave the entire slice whole if you prefer.
Second, in a big slightly rounded dish, mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and maple syrup (optional).
Third, I like to spray or line the bottom of the air fryer tray with parchment paper.
Then, air fry the sticks for 12 – 13 minutes and flip halfway. Don’t over crowd them!
In the case you decide to use your oven, then simply bake at 400 F for 10 – 12 minutes.
Additionally, I like using an oven baking rack to make sure all sides are baked evenly.
Finally, remove from the air fryer or oven and enjoy with your favorite fixings.
HoW to Serve Pumpkin Toast Sticks
The best part about these air fryer French toast sticks is both the endless topping options and their dip-ability!
Best French Toast Toppings
- Fresh fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
And the whole point of a French toast stick is optimal dipping. You can also try:
- Maple syrup
- My Strawberry Chia Jam
For extra protein, you can mix some protein powder into your yogurt. It adds great flavor!
In truth, the opportunities are endless!
HOW TO STORE Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
Generally, these air fryer French toast sticks store well in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
Can you freeze French toast sticks?
Personally, I love freezing them and reheating on those days where I’m feeling extra lazy.
How do you make frozen French toast not soggy?
To reheat, let the frozen French toast sticks thaw in room temperature for 30 minutes.
Then preheat the air fryer to 350 F and cook for 5 minutes or so or until heated through.
What is the Trick for Amazing French toast?
This isn’t my first French toast rodeo. In recipe testing, I have found these tips to be most helpful:
- Stale bread: a dryer bread holds the egg and milk mixture better, making every French toast bite more flavorful.
- Thick slices: I am a brioche lover. If you want your air fryer French toast sticks perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, use thick slices.
- Wider Bowl: I like to use a wider bowl so that I can put all the pieces of bread in the egg mixture at once.
- Extra Toppings: My favorite part of French toast is the toppings! Get creative: nuts, fruit, butter, and whipped cream!
Finally, the secret to French Toast Stick is letting the air fryer do all the hard work!
What other French toast variations would you like to see? Comment below!
Other Air Fryer recipes you might like:
Get the recipe:Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, optional*
- 16 – 20 slices of toast sticks
- Slice your toast into thick sticks about 4 inches long. You can also just leave the entire slice whole if you prefer.
- In a big slightly rounded dish, mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and maple syrup (optional).
- Spray or line the bottom of the air fryer tray with parchment paper and place the sticks in the basket to bake for 12-13 minutes. ** Don’t overcrowd and flip halfway!
- Remove from the air fryer or oven and enjoy with your favorite fixings.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.