16 Apr Mini Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
These Mini raw carrot cake bites with cashew coconut cream frosting are magical. They are so fudgy, sweet and coconut-y. The perfect healthy dessert or snack, especially this time of the year when Easter is right around the corner. These raw carrot cake bites are also vegan, paleo, gluten free, and super easy to make.
I have accepted the fact that I am going to turn orange from all the carrots I eat this Easter season. And my puppy probably will too, from all the leftover carrots I feed her.
I make raw dessert/snacks all the time. They are my freezer staple.
Raw energy bites, bliss balls are the most perfect morning pre-workout snacks, quick afternoon pick-me-ups or a night cap desserts.
Since Easter is right around the corner, girl is feeling festive! I combined my usual raw dessert technique and my paleo carrot cake flavor into these mini raw carrot cake bites!
Why do I love Raw Carrot Cake Bites
These carrot cake bites are packed with flavors, health benefits and super easy to make. No baking required!
A Healthy Dessert and Snack Option
These raw carrot cake bites are healthy and suitable for many dietary restrictions. They are vegan, paleo, gluten free and refined sugar free. Yet, not flavor free.
Super Easy to make
Raw Carrot Cake bites can be Enjoyed any time
This is truly a guilt free dessert/snack. It is sweetened by dates, made by nuts and carrots.
I love enjoying these carrot cake bites as dessert (they truly taste like ice cream bars) or a pre-work snack.
How to Make Raw Carrot Cake Bites
I love making raw dessert and snacks because they are so easy. And these raw carrot cake bites are no exception.
The basic ingredients needed in raw desserts
Sweetener – my favorites are dates, maple syrup and honey (all paleo)
Nuts Seeds – The base of most of my raw desserts
Fruit and/or veggies
Mix ins such as cacao powder, coconut, etc.
Spices – here carrot cake spices
Tools need to make raw desserts
All you need is a food processor to pulse all the ingredients in. And for this vegan carrot cake bites recipe, you will also need some muffin cups and/or muffin pan.
Ingredients needed for Raw Carrot Cake recipe
Base: Walnuts and cashews
Sweetener: Medjool Dates
Mix-ins: Shredded coconut, carrot cake spices.
“Cheesecake” Frosting for Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
I also made a cashew coconut cream frosting to top off these carrot cake bites. They literally taste like cheesecake.
All you need is raw cashew or cashew butter, coconut cream and maple syrup (optional).
Tips for Serving and Storing these Carrot Cake bites
Keep the finished raw carrot cake bites in muffin cups in the freezer for at least an hour before taking the muffin pan out.
Once you pull the carrot cake bites out of the muffin pan, place them in a container or tray. Preferably not stacking on top of each other to prevent them from sticking to each other.
After freezing for a couple hours, you could stack them or however you want to store them in the freezer to save space.
Serve within 5– 10 minutes once you take these carrot cake bites out of the freezer because the raw carrot cake bites will soften quickly in room temperature.
Serve with some more shredded carrots and chopped walnuts.
Don’t they taste like ICE CREAM BARS??
Now scroll down to check out the full recipe and directions. I’m sure you will love these mini raw carrot cake bites. They are are the most perfect healthy dessert for Easter or any time. Not only they are vegan, paleo, gluten free, but also easy to whip up in under 20 minutes.
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Raw Carrot Cake
- 1 cup raw cashew divided in half
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 8 mejol dates
- 2 cup fresh grated carrots
- 1 serving carrot cake spice
Cashew Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or raw cashew
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup optional
- 1/2 serving carrot cake spice
1 serving Carrot Cake Spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cardnom
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- Soak raw cashew and walnuts overnight in warm water with a pinch of salt. Drain and rinse before preparing these carrot cake bites
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 – 15 minutes. Then take out the pits.
- In a food processor pulse all the dry ingredients for carrot cake – nuts, coconut, spices together into uniformed crumb
- Then add dates, coconut oil and grated carrots, blend again into a gooey textured dough. If the batter still appears to be crumbly, add 2-3 tbsp of nut milk gradually until the desired consistency
- Scoop the carrot cake batter out into a muffin pan. Either spray the muffin pan down with some coconut oil or use non-sticking silicon cup. Then leave the pan in the freezer for an hour
- To make the coconut cashew cream, combine and mix all the frosting ingredients in either by hand or using a food processor. If using raw cashews, I recommend blending using high speed food processor to ensure silky smooth texture
- Frost the Carrot Cake and garnish with a little fresh carrots and walnuts
- Freeze for another 2 hours then pull the carrot cake bites out of the muffin cups. Enjoy!
- Soaking nuts and seeds help make the nutrients and minerals more available for our bodies to digest. It also makes raw desserts come out fudgy and smooth.
- You can substitute raw cashew with cashew butter which is more convenient and result in a smoother consistency.
- For storing and serving tips, see the post above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 8g Sodium: 18mg Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 5g Protein: 5g
You may also like these Raw recipes: