These healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins are my favorite to meal prep every Sunday. They are not only high in protein, low in carbs but also so easy for to make. Packed with veggies of your choice, these egg muffin cups are the perfect Whole30 breakfast to make ahead.
Looking for an easy and filling breakfast that will fuel up your day?
This easy and healthy breakfast egg muffin recipe is the solution.
If I didn’t have a satisfying breakfast, I would be so low in energy and “hangry” all day no matter how much I try to “make up” at lunch and dinner.
On the other hand, if I eat a good breakfast, I tend to snack less throughout the day and aren’t as hungry when dinner time comes around.
Ready to fuel a day with a good and satisfying breakfast quick and dirty?
Why do I love these Breakfast Egg Muffins
Easy to Make
These egg muffin cups are so easy to make. It is just like how you would a veggie omelet but no flipping required.
All you need to do are chopping up some of your favorite veggies, whipping up the easy egg mixture.
Bake and Enjoy!
Healthy Breakfast Option
These breakfast egg muffins are high in protein and low in carbs. And they are naturally gluten free, paleo and whole30 approved.
Grab-n-Go Breakfast for a busy week
You can make these egg muffin cups ahead to enjoy for the whole week.
I usually prepare a big batch for Tom and myself. Because they are also easy to store and serve.
Variety of Flavors
The world is unlimited when it cups to the variety of flavors you can change up on these egg muffin cups. A few of my favorite flavors are:
Southwest Muffin cups:
Bell pepper, tomato, black beans
Spinach Mushroom “Omelette” Cups
Cheesy Broccoli Egg Cups:
Leftover roasted broccoli, cheddar cheese
What you need to Make These Egg Muffin Cups
2. Muffin Cups (my favorite are these reusable nonsticking silicon muffin cups)
4. Veggies of your choice
- Chop up all the veggies fine
- Place them in muffin cups
- Pour egg mixture over them
Breakfast for the whole week can be ready in under 20 minutes.
Storing and Serving Tips for Breakfast Egg Muffins
These breakfast egg muffin cups can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Or you can make big batch and store them in the freezer.
In the morning, you can heat them up in the microwave.
I love topping them off with some avocado, goat cheese or hot sauce.
Now scroll down for the full recipe of these delicious egg muffin cups. They are my favorite make ahead healthy breakfast, meal prep staple. With or without cheese, these breakfast egg muffins are still so flavorful. So this recipe is whole30, low carb, gluten free and so easy to make.
You May also like these healthy breakfast recipes:
- 9 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/2 cup cheese optional
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
Salt Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Lightly spray the muffin pan (or silicon muffin cups) with some olive oil. Chop up all the veggies and divide them up among the cups (about half of the way full)
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, salt pepper, and chili powder until well combined
- Fill each muffin cup a little over three-quarters of the way to the top with the egg mixture
- Sprinkle cheese (if using any) evenly over the tops of the cups. Stir well with a fork
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool. Then peel off the muffin cups.
- Serve with avocado, hot sauce on top and/or with potato hash. Enjoy!