The ultimate fall Pumpkin recipe for an easy and delicious healthy dinner! This creamy and healthy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce is made with cashew cream, pumpkin puree, sage and garlic. It is also Paleo, Whole30, Vegan, and Gluten-Free.
One week into fall, and I am well stocked on pumpkin puree over here! I have been experimenting with all kinds of pumpkin recipes:
sweet and savory.
A few of my most popular fall SWEET recipes on Instagram and Pinterest you Must Try:
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Gooey Healthy Pumpkin Brownies
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread (Paleo, Gluten Free) – Video
This Healthy Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Sauce is my first SAVORY pumpkin recipe this season.
I am so excited to share this perfect fall dinner recipe with you guys.
Simple Ingredients for Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
With only a few ingredients, you can make the most creamy, pumpkin and flavorful vegan Pumpkin Alfredo sauce. Here are the ingredients you need for this recipe:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Raw Cashews
- Fresh Sage
- Dairy Free Milk or Broth
- Pumpkin Spice
How to Make Healthy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
What Makes this Pumpkin Pasta Sauce Recipe Healthy?
Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
Traditional Alfredo pasta sauce is made with butter, heavy cream and cheese. In this healthy version, I used cashew cream instead.
I was obsessed with my butternut squash vegan “cheese” sauce last fall, and since I have been on a pumpkin kick lately, I figured I must give this pasta sauce a pumpkin makeover.
Health Benefits in Pumpkin
Besides the delicious taste and creamy texture pumpkin puree adds to this pasta sauce, it also has lots of health benefits:
- Rich in Vitamin A
- High in Antioxidants
- Packed with Immunity Boosting Vitamins
- Great for glowing skin
- Fiber Rich and keep you fuller longer
Read More Here.
How to Make Cashew Cream
The secret of this creamy Dairy Free Pumpkin Pasta Sauce is the cashew cream.
Soaking raw cashews in warm water overnight, and then blending it in a high speed blender leave you with the most luscious creamy texture.
Soaking Raw Cashews:
First, we need to soak the raw cashews in warm water and a pinch of salt overnight or for at least 6 hours. This process will not only sprout the cashews which makes our bodies digest the nutrients better, but will also make the raw cashews soft and plump.
Then, drain and rinse the cashews. When you blend it with the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender,
Voila, it will magically turn into pumpkin cashew cream and result in the creamiest Pumpkin Alfredo sauce.
How to Serve Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
1. With Pasta!
I love Pasta in all shapes, but these little bow ties are super fun and seem to showcase the creaminess of this pumpkin alfredo sauce really well.
2. Or with cauliflower Gnocchi
You can find how to make the most crispy cauliflower gnocchi recipe Here.
To be honest, I could also just drink it like soup.
This Simple and Healthy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce could not be easier! Paired with pasta of your choice, this creamy pumpkin alfredo sauce makes the perfect dairy free, paleo and vegan fall recipe.
ENJOY THE SWEATER WEATHER. HERE ARE SOME MORE FALL RECIPES YOU MAY WANT TO TRY!
- ½ heaping cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked
- 1 1/4 - 1/2 cup dairy free milk of your choice *
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional) **
- Soak raw cashews overnight (or 6+ hours) in warm water and a pinch of salt. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil, add minced garlic, and sage. Saute for 1 -2 minutes on medium heat. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in Pumpkin puree. Turn off the heat and remove the sage.
- In a high speed blender, add the pumpkin garlic sage mixture, raw cashew, salt pepper pumpkin spice and nut milk. Blend on high for a minute or until creamy.
- Heat the sauce on medium to low heat and reduce the sauce to your preferred consistency in the sauce pan and add cooked pasta. Stir well.
- Or you can just pour it over pasta without heating (It will not be as creamy).
1. * You can use vegetable stock (vegan) or bone broth for additional flavor. You can make the sauce to your preferred consistency by adding more or less of broth. OR heat the sauce in a pan to reduce it to your preferred thickness before adding pasta.
2. ** To make it cheesy, add nutritional yeast while blending.
3. Sage adds a nice earthiness to this pumpkin Alfredo sauce, but if you don't have fresh sage on hand or don't like the taste of it, you can omit it.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.