Creamy Asian Chicken Salad with Sriracha
This asian twist on chicken salad recipe is perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Equal parts crunchy, creamy, and satisfying. It is soy, gluten, and dairy free. You need to try this healthier version with sriracha mayo!
I don’t know about you but one thing I always love meal prepping is chicken salad. Not only is it easy to prepare, it also is packed with lots of nutrients, as well as a delicious flavor. Thats why I had to add a little bit of asian flare. This Creamy Asian Chicken Salad is packed with veggies and flavor- and has a nice little kick from the sriracha aioli!
If you like more traditional flavors, then make sure to try out my Classic Healthy Chicken Salad. This recipe has almost all of the same ingredients, and is equally as easy to make.!
You won’t regret it!
Does it Matter What Chicken I Use
That is one of the great things about this recipe! You can use leftover chicken!
In my case- I had a leftover chicken I got from Costco.
But, if you grilled chicken the other day, or baked it- just chop it all up and have lunch for the rest of the week.
If you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand, you could always boil chicken and shred it.
Why this Chicken Salad is a Staple in Our House
This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy leftover chicken. Because it elevates my lunch in a tasty way without a lot of time or effort.
Not to mention, I get to enjoy a chicken salad without any weird ingredients or added sugar. Instead, I only used a handful of simple fresh vegetables and Whole30 friendly condiments.
What Mayo is Used in This Recipe
When you make this dish at home instead of buying it from the deli, you can adjust it to suit your own unique preferences.
Tweak it by increasing the flavors you love the most, making it your own creation. Therefore, this recipe can easily be made gluten-free, sugar-free and keto-friendly.
Another way to add extra protein is to use full fat Greek yogurt. If you decide to go that route, you will need some additional salt to taste. Since my original recipe calls for mayo which already has salt in it.
Hearty Ingredients Used in this Asian Chicken Salad
The chicken salad provides high-quality protein. Apples, onion, and celery are great sources of fiber. Healthy, tasty, and quick to make, what’s not to love?
How To Make Creamy Chicken Salad with an Asian Twist
You can make this chicken salad using whatever leftover chicken you like. Simply remove the skin, and then shred with a fork or chop your chicken of choice.
Once all parts are equally minced and chopped- combine all ingredients in a bowl, including the sauce.
Following this, adjust any seasonings based on preference, and enjoy now, or chill for later.
Tips to Make Perfect Chicken Salad:
- Use high-quality ingredients. The quality of your ingredients will make a big difference in the taste of your chicken salad. Use fresh, cooked chicken and your favorite vegetables.
- Don’t overmix the chicken salad. Overmixing can make the chicken salad tough. Gently toss the ingredients together until just combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to seasoning. Taste the chicken salad and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
How to Serve Chicken Salad with Asian Twist
This Asian Chicken salad can be served in a variety of ways. It can be served on a sandwich, wrap, or lettuce leaf. It can also be served on a bed of greens or with crackers or chips.
I have to say though, my favorite way to enjoy chicken salad is on a nice buttery croissant, or on some hearty toasted sourdough bread!
However, you decide, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN USE “TRIED IT” ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #SHUANGYSEATS
Get the recipe:Creamy Asian Chicken Salad with Sriracha
- 3/4 lb chicken, *about 350g, I used leftover rotisserie chicken
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos, *or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sriracha, *or more depending on preference
- First, Begin by chopping all ingredients. Use personal preference on the chicken, whether you cube or shred it.
- Mix the ingredients together until they are well combined. Set aside and begin the dressing.
- Either on top of the chopped ingredients- or in a separate bowl, begin to add all of the dressing/sauce ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately- or chill for later.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.