Banana Bread Cookies
These healthy and delicious Banana Bread Cookies are so soft, sweet, and fluffy. The perfect kid friendly recipe that are also Paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and so easy to make.
Soft and fluffy, sweet and satisfying, these healthy banana bread cookies are made with only 6 ingredients.
These banana cookies are not only easy to make but also are the perfect kid-friendly dessert recipe.
I love having simple and nutritious snacks around for those busy days when the mid day sweet cravings hit. Something delicious, quick and easy.
As you might know, baking with bananas is a big hit in my house.
I really have a feeling that these Banana Bread Cookies are going to be a summer favorite, or better yet, an all-year-round staple.
Why I love these healthy banana cookies
These banana cookies are like little banana bread bites, but even better. They are made in cookie form.
Some of you have requested on Instagram oil free dessert recipes. And here it is! These banana bread cookies does not require any oil or butter.
There is no refined sugar. These cookies are sweetened by ripe bananas and a touch of coconut sugar which can be omitted.
Just to add to the list of reasons why I love these banana cookies – the best way to use those spotty brown bananas on the kitchen counter.
Easy to make and only needs 6 main ingredients, this cookie recipe is the perfect kid friendly dessert to make for your little picky eaters or make with them!
Nutritious ingredients for healthy banana cookies
All you need for this delicious and easy recipe is 6 simple whole foods ingredients.
Spotty ripe bananas for the sweetest and best flavor. The cookie texture will also benefit from really ripe bananas.
One of my favorite gluten-free flours to bake with. The flavor and texture make this the perfect flour for these vegan banana bread cookies.
I love baking with coconut flour. It’s grain-free, gluten-free, Paleo, Keto, and Whole30-approved.
Sweet, delicious, and Paleo-approved sugar. Coconut sugar also contain some nutrients compared to regular white sugar. You can read more about it here.
Salt elevates the flavors and balances the seethes. Always add a pinch to your baked goods.
Leavening agent of choice. All you need is a little bit to make these banana bread cookies poof up just right.
Optional Add-in Ingredient
There is just something about banana bread with chocolate chips, and the same goes for these Banana Bread Cookies. However, they are optional (or are they… !?).
Banana bread always takes better with some chopped walnuts!
How to make my vegan banana bread cookies from scratch
These vegan banana cookies are super easy to make, and this is how you make them.
First, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set a side.
Second, mash the ripe bananas using a fork or a hand mixer.
Now, gently combine the dry ingredients with the bananas. Be sure not to over mix the cookie batter.
Then, fold in chocolate chips or a chopped up chocolate bar. (This is optional, you don’t have to use chocolate for this banana cookie recipe.)
Now, Let the healthy banana cookie dough chill in the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes. It will make the cookies easier to shape.
Then, use a cookie scoop to shape into cookie dough balls. Gently press the ball down to flatten slightly. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top if preferred.
Lastly, Bake until a little golden brown on the edges but still soft on the inside.
how to serve healthy banana cookies
You obviously could just eat these delicious and nutritious cookies straight out of the baking sheet. However, may I give you a few suggestions?
- These cookies make a quick and easy breakfast with a cup of coffee
- Slather some nut butter between two banana bread cookies for a great energy boost
- Top a bowl of your favorite yogurt with a crumbled cookie
- Serve the healthy banana cookie with a sliced apple for a great after school snack
- Make an ice cream sandwich for a decadent and fun dessert
- These healthy banana cookies are also a great pre-workour snack for some extra energy
How can I store these banana bread cookies?
You can store these vegan Banana Bread Cookies covered on the countertop for 1-2 days.
They will last up to 4-5 days in an air-tight container when kept in the fridge.
And YES, you can freeze them!
To serve, leave the banana bread cookies on the counter top for 10 minutes or heat it up in the microwave for 15 – 20 seconds. Enjoy!
You definitely need to make double the batch of these healthy banana bread bites. They are the perfect snack for the whole family, both delicious and nutritious.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to give it a rating and leave me a comment! It would make my day!
You might also like these healthy cookie recipes of mine
Get the recipe:Banana Bread Cookies
- 1 ½ cup almond flour, packed
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar *
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 1/3 cup ripe bananas mashed, ~ 3- 4 bananas **
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bar, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set a side.
- Mash the ripe bananas using a fork or a hand-mixer.
- Gently combine the dry ingredients with the bananas. Be sure not to over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and/or walnuts if using any.
- Let the cookie dough chill in the freezer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to shape into cookie dough balls. Gently press the ball down to flatten slightly. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top if preferred.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 14-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.