Paleo Banana Bread with Summer Peaches
The best peach dessert recipe this summer – Paleo Banana Bread with Summer Peaches. This peach banana bread is paleo, gluten free, and super easy to make, totally a healthy breakfast and dessert recipe you need this summer.
A combination of my favorite 5 ingredient flourless banana bread and some juicy peaches that are well in season right now.
I have been waiting for peaches to come back in season since the end of last summer.
Who doesn’t love sampling some juicy and ripe peaches at farmers market?
I think my love for peaches started when Tom and I visited San Francisco a few years ago.
We take a trip to Napa and San Fran every year. And I remember the first time we were there on a Saturday, peaches were everywhere. Obviously, I couldn’t help myself to sample some.
Those California peaches scream summer!
They are juicy, a little bit tart, soft and taste like, a PEACH!
Yes, nothing like the ones I used to get from grocery stores.
About a couple weeks ago, peaches start popping up everywhere again! You guys. I am so excited to get this peachy vibe going.
As I failed 3 times of a classic peach dessert – paleo peach cobbler recipe, I decided to one of my favorite paleo banana bread recipe a peach twist!
Why do I love Peach Paleo Banana Bread
This paleo banana bread combined with fresh peaches is packed with flavors and texture. It is sweet and tart, gooey and crunchy.
A Healthy Peach Dessert Recipe for the Summer
What else screams more Summer than PEACH?
Okay, maybe BEACH.
But peaches are the perfect flavor for the summer. Especially when it is a healthy peach dessert recipe.
Dessert for Breakfast
This healthy paleo banana bread with sweet peaches can be enjoyed as a healthy dessert, quick and filling breakfast or the perfect afternoon tea snack.
So Easy to Make
One of the main reasons I love my original paleo banana bread recipe is because it only requires 5 ingredient. And this Peach banana bread is no exception.
Only a few simple and accessible ingredients. All you need is to mix everything in one bowl.
How to Make Peach Paleo Banana Bread
First, in a mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients –
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup steamed (very soft) sweet potatoes
- 2 egga
- 1/2 cup unsweetened unsalted almond butter
Whisk with a fork or use a food processor until smooth.
Second, add in all the the dry ingredients
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Third, fold in 1 cup cubed peaches.
Then, pour the peach banana bread mixture into a greased/lined loaf pan.
Lastly, top it with more peach slices. Bake 375 F for 30 minutes.
Tip: Lightly sauté the peaches in 1 tbsp coconut oil and dashes of cinnamon before baking them into the banana bread. This process can help soften them, bring out the peach flavor and make them extra juicy.
Tips for the Best Paleo Banana Bread Texture
For Fluffy Banana Bread with Coconut Flour:
Add ¼ cup coconut flour
Gooey Flourless Banana Bread:
Add 2 tbsp coconut flour.
In my original flourless banana bread recipe, I omitted coconut flour all together.
However, since we are adding peaches in this recipe, the banana bread will flop a bit if we don’t add any coconut flour.
Last but not least, scroll down to check out the full recipe and direction for this peachy and moist paleo banana bread! The most perfect healthy breakfast and dessert for a crowd this summer!
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Get the recipe:Paleo Banana Bread with Summer Peaches
super easy to make.
- 1 cup ripe banana, 2 large
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato, steamed or baked to very soft
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup fresh peach, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh peach, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar, if you prefer sweeter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, Optional Toppings
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Cook the sweet potatoes, See cooking instructions and options in this post. Set aside and let it cool
- Preheat the oven for 375 F
- Mash banana and cooked sweet potato together, then add egg, almond butter.
- Lightly sauté the cubed peaches in a pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil and a dash of cinnamon
- Whisk all the wet ingredients until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients - coconut flour, baking soda and spices. Mix until well combined. Fold in the cubed peach and walnuts (if desired).
- Line 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil. Pour the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan. Top it with the sliced peaches.
- Bake 27-30 minutes or until tooth pick come out clean.
- Let the peach banana bread cool, cut into slices and top with some nut butter, ice cream or yogurt. Enjoy!
- For tips about how to make this peach banana bread fluffy vs. gooey, see the "Tip" Section in this post.
- Adding the coconut sugar gives it very nice sweeter taste. But it is optional. I find this banana bread is plenty sweet from the ripe bananas and sweet potatoes.
- For sweet potatoes, I like to use Japanese yam (the pink-ish skin, white inside). I find the much sweeter than the regular ones.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.
You May Also Like These Paleo Dessert Recipes: