[vc_row css_animation=”” row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Who else are planning on a few healthy snacks for the new years? These Superfood Chocolate Bark are perfect to help you kick off 2019! They are the perfect healthy dessert and afternoon pick-me-up. These bad boys are jam packed with lots of nutrient-dense healthy ingredients. And they are paleo, vegan, gluten free and super easy to make.
I don’t usually set new year resolution. Part of it is because I rarely remember to check what they are and keep myself accountable (Okay, this may need to change in 2019). But in this new year, I want to create more easy healthy desserts and snacks for those of you who may have a busy schedule. I know when I was working my 9 – 5 corporate job, it was hard to find the energy or time to create healthy snacks for my sweet tooth.
Superfood Chocolate Bark
These Superfood Chocolate Bark are one of the easiest healthy treats I have made. There is no baking required. All you need is to melt a few dark chocolate bars, and top it with some delicious and healthy toppings. Then freeze it to harden. Et Voila! These little powerhouses are packed with antioxidants and they are the perfect healthy snack and dessert on the go.
Health Benefits of Cacao
Chocolate sometimes may have a bad reputation. Because most of the store-bought chocolate are filled with sugar. But cacao is actually an amazing superfood that has lots of health benefits. It is packed with antioxidant, improves mood (why chocolate makes us happy) and also may aid weight control (Read more Here).
For this recipe, I used hu kitchen dark chocolate. It is paleo, gluten free and vegan. I topped it with some raw nuts, dried goji berry and hemp seeds. With only a few ingredients, these dark chocolate are unarguably my favorite.
Health Benefits of Goji Berry
Goji berries are an excellent source of antioxidant. It may help stabilize blood sugar, boost energy level, immune system and more. Growing up in China, I remember my grandma would always make me tea with goji berries to help with my eyesight.
- 3 bars paleo chocolate
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup assorted berries
- Put all the chocolate bars in a microwave safe bowl
- Micor wave the chocolate on medium heat until completely melted. Stir as you go
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or cookie sheet
- Pour the chocolate on top of the pan and spread it for preferred thickness
- Spread all the toppings across the chocolate
- Freeze it for 30 minutes
- Take it out the freezer, break it into piece and ENJOY!
- If you dig the bitterness of chocolate and sugar-free treats, you can choose to use 100% dark chocolate. The berries and goji on top will add a little sweetness to it still.
- Before add toppings, wait about 5 - 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden a bit, so your toppings won't just sink into the chocolate.
This would also be the perfect healthy Valentine’s Day treats! Make a huge batch and bag them up into little gifts for your loved ones <3
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later and share with your friends and family. I hope you’ll love it as much as I do!