This healthy broccoli bacon quiche recipe is perfect to bring to brunch this holiday season. It is loaded with roasted veggies and crispy bacon. This easy quiche is also Paleo, Keto and Whole30 compliant.
Who is ready for a whole day of feasting on Thanksgiving and Christmas?
Well, we start with this delicious healthy quiche. Loaded with vegetables, bacon, yet whole 30 and Keto friendly, this recipe definitely starts the holidays off on a healthy note.
Why Do I love this Healthy breakfast Quiche Recipe?
Paleo, Whole 30 and Keto Compliant Quiche Recipe
Who doesn’t like a buttery and cheesy quiche that is packed with protein and goodies? And even better? This quiche recipe also makes a healthy brunch dish.
The egg mixture for this Broccoli Bacon Breakfast Quiche is made with crispy sugar-free bacon pieces (I found mine at Whole Foods), roasted broccoli, onion and bell pepper. It is a great way to get your vegetable fix early in the day.
Additionally, the homemade pie crust is paleo and Whole30 friendly. It is made with a mix of almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour. Simple, flaky and buttery.
Easy to Make broccoli bacon Breakfast Quiche
I use to make Egg Muffins for Tom for breakfast all the time. I always thought making quiche was intimidating and complicated.
I was wrong.
This is just as easy as the Egg Muffins, and Tom said it is MUCH better with the buttery crust.
You can find the recipe for the homemade paleo pie crust Here. Or you can pick up your favorite store-bought pie crust.
Then, all you need is to cook the veggies, pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the pie crust. Bake the breakfast quiche and enjoy!
Great Make-Ahead Breakfast Quiche
I know we are all fighting for that oven space on Thanksgiving day, so here is a great breakfast quiche that you can make ahead and save some oven space for the turkey and stuffing.
To reheat and serve, place the broccoli and bacon quiche in the oven at 300 F degrees for 5 – 10 minutes. You can also slice them and microwave individually.
Other Ideas for Healthy Quiche Fillings
There are so many options you can make this paleo quiche filling. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Broccoli Bacon Quiche
- Broccoli Cheddar (Keto and Gluten Free, but not Paleo)
- Ham and Cheese (Keto and Gluten free, but not Paleo)
- Spinach Quiche with mushroom
The sky’s the limit when it comes to the flavors that you can make for these delicious quiches for holiday brunches.
And of course, if you are planning on doing Whole 30 in January, you have to save this recipe. It is the perfect wholesome and delicious breakfast to prepare for your challenge.
You May Also Like These Holiday Recipes:
- 7 Eggs
- 4 strips of Bacon (Paleo friendly)
- 1 cup roasted broccoli (packed)
- half red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt and 1/2 tsp Pepper (or to Taste)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil (or a mix of both)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Make the homemade Paleo Pie Crust recipe Here, or you can use any of your favorite store-bought pie crust.
- Broil the bacon on a broiling pan for 5 minutes. Place cooked bacon on a piece of paper towel. (Or you can cook the bacon your preferred way)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Chop the onion, broccoli into small florets, and bell pepper into small cubes. Then roughly chop the bacon into pieces.
- Roast broccoli in the oven with 1 1/2 tbsp melted ghee and a sprinkle of sea salt for 10 - 12 minutes or until slightly crispy on top. In the meantime, in a medium skillet, heat 1/ 1/2 tbsp ghee (or use the bacon fat) and sauté bell pepper and onion for 3 - 4 minutes or until soft.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 7 large eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Spread the roasted veggies and bacon pieces on the bottom of the prepared pie crust (9-inch) and pour the egg mixture over. Spread a layer of cheese on top (if using any).
- Bake 400 F for 23 - 25 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 237mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
The Nutrition Fact Below is specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.