Strawberry Oatmeal Bake
This Strawberry Oatmeal Bake is the perfect healthy make-ahead breakfast. Made with simple ingredients, these oatmeal bars are Vegan, Gluten-Free, and refined sugar-free.
Juicy strawberry and sweet banana paired with a hint of vanilla, these baked oatmeal bars the best way to celebrate strawberry season.
Besides overnight oats, baked oatmeal bars are my favorite breakfast to prepare for the week. There are so many ways you can make them, depending on the seasonal flavors, your mood, whatever you have left in the fridge.
A few of my favorites:
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars for an Easy Breakfast
This Strawberry oatmeal bake recipe is perfect for Meal Prep.
You only need to cook once on the weekend, then you will have this filling and nutritious breakfast all week long.
All you need to do is to pop a square of oatmeal bars in the microwave. Then serve it with your favorite toppings:
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Yogurt (dairy-free, vegan alternative for vegan options)
- Fruits: Strawberry and Banana
- Maple Syrup
The sky is the limit when it comes to toppings.
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Bake makes a Healthy Dessert
Besides enjoying these baked oatmeal bars as breakfast, you can also serve them as dessert.
Yes, you can! This recipe makes a perfectly healthy and satisfying dessert.
Serve it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, drizzle with extra maple syrup, honey, or chocolate sauce.
Spice up the Baked Oatmeal Bars
1. Protein Oatmeal Bake
Since oats itself is the perfect source of complex carb, try adding some protein and make these oatmeal bars a perfect post-workout snack.
2. Chocolate and more Chocolate
Chocolate seems always to be the answer. Mix in ½ cup of your favorite chocolate chips in this oatmeal bake recipe and enjoy that bursting melty chocolate.
3. Vanilla Almonds
The flavor of vanilla almonds just goes hand in hand. Doesn’t it make you feel warm and cozy?
I added vanilla extract to this recipe to complement the sweet strawberry flavor. Even better? Add some almond slices to add the crunch.
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bake
First, prepare the flax eggs. They act as a great egg alternative to make this a vegan-friendly recipe. Moreover, it is super easy to make.
Mix 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds with 4 tablespoons of filter water. Gently mix together and just let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes or until it gels up.
Second, combine all the wet ingredients starting with mashing up the ripe bananas.
Bananas are the perfect sweetener and also creates the best chewy texture.
Anyone else gets so excited when those bananas sitting on the counter are getting spotty?
Then, Using a hand mixer, whisk all the rest of the wet ingredients together:
- Maple Syrup
- Dairy-Free Milk (Check out my 2-ingredient homemade cashew milk recipe).
- Vanilla Extract
Additionally, fold in the sliced strawberries, almond slices, and chocolate chips if using any.
Lastly, pour the mixture into an 8×8 parchment paper-lined baking dish and pop it into the oven.
How to Store Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Let the baked oatmeal cool completely. Then cut into single serving sized bars.
Store in an air-tight container and leave some room in between to prevent them from sticking to each other.
Can I freeze them?
Yes, you can freeze these oatmeal bars. In fact, they are perfect to freeze and reheat beautifully.
Besides storing them in an air-tight container in the freezer, you can also try wrapping them individually for a quick on-the-go breakfast.
These easy Strawberry Oatmeal bars are soft-baked, chewy, and bursting with strawberries. Gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free, they make the best healthy breakfast or snacks.
Hope you and your family love them.
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN USE “TRIED IT” ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #SHUANGYSEATS
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE OTHER Healthy BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Get the recipe:Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bake (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour *
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, about 2 medium ones
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk or other milk of preference
- 2 flax eggs, or regular eggs **
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease or line 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, maple syrup, flax eggs, and milk). Then add in the dry ingredients (gluten-free rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt). Combine gently with a spatula.
- Fold in about 1/2 cup strawberries (save some for topping) and all the sliced almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle extra pecans and chocolate chips on top (optional). Bake 30 – 35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean, but still soft to touch.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes then take it out on a cooling rack. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- *If you don’t have oat flour, you can replace the oat flour with 1/3 cup gluten-free oats. Bake an additional 5 – 10 minutes. It will be a little on the denser side. But still chewy and yummy!
- You can make your own oat flour by blending the rolled oats in a high-speed blender.
- ** To make flax "eggs", mix 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 4 tablespoons of filtered water or dairy-free milk. Let it sit for 10 minutes to "gel" up.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.