This Instant Pot Buffalo Shredded Chicken is tender, juicy, and packed with buffalo flavor. Whole30-friendly, Keto and can be ready in less than 15 minutes, this pulled buffalo chicken is perfect to add to your game day party and staple-recipe collection.
In my experience, buffalo shredded chicken anything is a total crowd-pleaser.
This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken recipe takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish and it’s healthy too.
Quick, easy, AND healthy? Sign me up!
This recipe is great for any occasion (by occasion I mean for literally anything), but even more so now with the big game day sneaking upon us!
Just to add this buffalo chicken to your list to make for the game-day party:
It’s just not football if there’s no buffalo chicken involved.
Ingredients Needed to Make Buffalo shredded Chicken
FIVE INGREDIENTS. Yup, you read that right.
All you need are 5 main ingredients to make delicious instant pot buffalo chicken. Other ingredients are options or to taste.
- Chicken breast
- Buffalo sauce (I used this Whole30-friendly one)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt, to taste (most buffalo/hot sauces are salty themselves so I didn’t feel the need to add any extra. You may add additional salt based on your taste preference)
How to Make Buffalo Pulled Chicken
This recipe literally couldn’t get any easier.
You pretty much just put everything in the Instant Pot, set it, and forget it. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes. How does it get any better?!
First, add 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce to the bottom of the instant pot.
Next, place chicken into the Instant Pot then add the rest of the sauce, ghee, garlic and onion powder.
Seal your Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 13 minutes.
After 12 – 13 minutes quick release the steam and pull apart the chicken with 2 forks. The pot is hot so BE CAREFUL.
A few Tips for the Best Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken:
- The water content of your chicken will vary depending on the chicken you buy, so if there is too much liquid left on the bottom turn on the sauté function for an additional 5 minutes and stir the shredded buffalo chicken, allowing it to soak in the sauce.
- You can make shredding the chicken easier by using a hand mixer and lightly beating the cooked chicken breasts. (You may want to remove the chicken and do this in a separate bowl, especially if there’s a lot of liquid left in the pot).
How to Serve Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken
This pulled buffalo chicken is another super versatile recipe that you can use in countless ways.
Some of my favorite wats to serve buffalo chicken are:
1. As a sweet potato slider (Whole30 compliant). Simply slice your sweet potato into disks and bake them at 400 F for 12 – 15 minutes.
2. You could also slice the sweet potato the long way (hot dog way) and place the shredded chicken in the middle to serve as a stuffed sweet potato.
3. Sliders made with zucchini as the base or use as filling for zucchini boats.
4. Serve it on your favorite sub roll or bun (it goes really well with a brioche bun in my opinion).
5. Make a cold salad and place the buffalo chicken over a bed of greens.
6. Use butter leaf lettuce or your favorite tortilla to make a shredded buffalo chicken wrap.
7. This shredded chicken mixture makes an awesome pizza topping to add to your favorite frozen or homemade pizzas.
8. Mix with pasta of your choice to make a buffalo chicken style mac & cheese.
9. Add broth and other various ingredients to make a buffalo chicken soup.
It’s very easy to use this chicken to create a healthy, full-balanced meal, as a snack or even as a filling to use for other food recipes.
My favorite garnish for shredded buffalo chicken
- Red onion
- Blue cheese crumbles or dressing
- Green onion
- Ranch dressing
How to Store Whole30 Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Yes, you can freeze it too! For best results, take the chicken out of the freezer and place it in the fridge to thaw overnight. You can enjoy it cold or serve hot as well.
For best results re-heating, use a pan on the stovetop over medium heat and stir frequently.
This will prevent uneven heating or drying out the chicken.
What’s your favorite buffalo chicken recipe? Leave a comment below!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN USE “TRIED IT” ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #SHUANGYSEATS
MOre Healthy Appetizers you may like:
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (I used this whole30 friendly one)
- 1 tbsp ghee butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt to taste *
- First, add 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Place the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot. Then add the rest of the sauce, ghee, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder on top.
- Seal your Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release of the steam and pull apart the chicken with 2 forks. The pot is hot so BE CAREFUL.
- If there is a lot of remaining liquid (sometimes chicken tends to release extra juice during the cooking process), turn on the "saute" function and stir the pulled buffalo chicken in the sauce for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the desired amount of liquid is left.
*Most of the buffalo or hot sauce there is salty itself, I didn’t feel the need for extra salt. So add additional salt to your preference
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 35g
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.