These Hot Chocolate Brownies made with sweet potato puree are gooey, rich, and oh so fudgy. With intense chocolate flavor and caramelized marshmallows in every bite, this decadent gluten-free and grain-free dessert is sure to delight. It can also be made Paleo and Keto as well. Make these today for the perfect guilt-free indulgence this holiday season!
What screams more of a holiday than a cup of hot cocoa topped with marshmallows? It is definitely what I look forward to all year!
Now, this heavenly combo is all packed in one bite of sweet potato brownie. That’s right! This Hot Chocolate Brownies are the best of both worlds.
My other favorite holiday edition of Brownies:
- Paleo Pecan Pie Brownie (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
- Gooey Healthy Pumpkin Brownies
- Paleo Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites
Why do I love These Sweet Potato Brownies
These gooey and rich sweet potato brownies topped with caramelized marshmallows and melty chocolate chips are the perfect dessert for this season. Not only these hot chocolate brownies are rich and delicious, but are packed with healthy ingredients, gluten free and can be made paleo and keto as well.
Sweet Potato Brownies that are Packed with Superfoods
These brownies are brimming with good for you healthy fats and protein from the almond butter and complex carbohydrates from the sweet potatoes. Sweet potato and cacao contain powerful antioxidants that help keep your cells functioning in tip-top shape.
Tip: Use non-alkalized cocoa powder (natural) for cooking and baking as it retains a much higher antioxidant content when processed than the Dutch-processed alternative.
So Easy To Make
In order to make these hot chocolate sweet potato brownies , you will only need few simple ingredients:
- Almond Butter
- Cacao Powder
- Sweet Potato
- Coconut Sugar
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
And all whisked up in one mixing bowl. This brownie recipe is so easy and so delicious. The sweet potato, almond butter, and cacao combine to create the perfect rich, fudgy, and moist texture. These brownies are guaranteed to melt in your mouth.
How to Make Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies
First, you will need a cooked sweet potato to get started. You can either roast or steam the potatoes or simply microwave them on the “potato” setting. Once they cool, peel and mash with a fork.
Next, combine mashed sweet potato, almond butter, egg, and maple syrup (if using) in a large bowl with a stick blender or hand mixer. Add in cacao and mix to combine.
Then, fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Finally, spread the mixture on your parchment paper-lined 8×8 baking pan and bake for XXXX minutes.
Now comes the hardest part: wait as long as you can for brownies to cool and enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE HOT CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
First of all, there is no wrong way to enjoy these brownies. My favorite way is with a nice dollop of vanilla ice cream.
If you want a healthier alternative, try enjoying them with a glass of homemade nut milk or even topped with vanilla yogurt.
And don’t stop there–these brownies are perfect for packing all those holiday gift bags for family and friends.
Get the full recipe below and get started. When you serve these at your next holiday party, the crowd won’t believe that these brownies are so healthy and that you didn’t spend all day in the kitchen. Well, maybe keep that part your little secret. These guilt-free hot chocolate brownies made with sweet potatoes will be your favorites dessert this holiday season.
You may also love these Holiday Dessert Recipes:
How to Prepare the sweet potatoes for Brownies in this Post
Prepare the Brownie Batter
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup almond butter, eggs, sweet potato puree, and coconut sugar together.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cacao powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and coconut flour if using any.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and half of the marshmallows.
Baking (Preheat the oven at 350F)
- Add the brownie batter to a parchment paper-lined 8x8 baking pan. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips and marshmallows on top.
- Bake 25 minutes or until preferred gooeyness. **
- Cut the brownie into squares once it has cooled down completely. Enjoy with a glass of homemade nut milk or some ice cream!
- *If you prefer cakier brownies, add an additional 1 - 2 tbsp coconut flour. If you prefer dense and gooey brownies, simply omit the coconut flour.
- **Start with 23 to 25 minutes, test with a tooth-pick for preferred gooeyness in the center.
- For Paleo Option: Use paleo-friendly chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bars. And this homemade paleo marshmallow from one of my favorite bloggers, Laura.
- For Keto Option: Use Keto-Friendly Chocolate like this one.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.