Carrot Cake Donuts
These fluffy and bouncy donuts are perfect for both breakfast and dessert. They are baked and super easy to make! Get ready to add another SKS favorite to your list of must-haves!
What Makes These Carrot Cake Donuts So Good?
Instead of the frying process of traditional donuts, this version is oven-baked and oh so DELICIOUS!!
If you are trying to steer clear of extra refined sweeteners in your life, no worries! This recipe is refined sugar free and I used roasted local sweet potatoes to help boost the sweetness of this already tasty donut.
I love sweetening my baked goods with sweet potatoes (check out my sweet potato pecan pie). I love it because not only is it a great alternative to regular granulated sugar, you’re sneaking in some extra good nutrients as well! I promise if you have little ones like I do, they won’t even notice the difference when you hand them one of these delectable carrot cake donuts. They will dig right in with no hesitation and you won’t have any worry in the world about any possible sugar crashes!
I even decided to take this recipe a step further and I substituted the enriched white flour with a blend of almond and coconut flour.
Last but not least, the icing on the (carrot) cake! I simply melted some raw coconut butter to top these fluffy donuts. It is literally the most perfect way to finish off your carrot cake donuts, I just love it.
If you prefer your baked donuts a little sweeter, you can mix a little maple syrup or honey in the melted coconut butter. This recipe’s sweetness level is TOTALLY adjustable which is amazing because everyones tastebuds are different.
Get Your Ingredient List Ready
- Sweet Potatoes
- Coconut Oil
- Eggs or flax eggs
- Milk of your choice ( I used a nut milk)
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Carrots (Pre-shredded is fine)
- Fresh Ginger
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
How To Achieve That Classic Carrot Cake Flavor
In order to create that fragrant carrot cake flavor, I shredded some fresh carrots and a tiny bit of fresh ginger to give it a little spicy kick. Fresh ginger is always a fun way to jazz up your baked goods, it cuts through the sweetness and lends a fun bite to the rich donuts.
Although it’s not quite Easter yet, or maybe it doesn’t even feel like Spring where you live yet, these donuts are still the perfect recipe for a quick yet fun breakfast, snack or dessert.
Now scroll down for the full recipe and get baking! If you need a donut pan, I got chu HERE . Don’t forget to pin this recipe and share with family and friends. Happy Baking!
Get the recipe:Carrot Cake Donuts
- 1/2 large cooked sweet potato
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs, sub for flax eggs (2 tbsp of ground flax seeds mixed with 4 tbsp of filtered water)
- 1/2 cup nut milk, Adjust the amount based on batter consistency
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 pinch fresh ginger, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, combine together all the wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine until well mixed.
- Fold in additional ingredients.
- Pour into a non stick donut pan or loaf pan (The one I use is under "Shop My favorite"
- Bake 350 F for 25 min
- Melt 1/2 cup coconut butter and pour on top the cooled donuts. Sprinkle some more shredded carrots and pecans to garnish.
- Once completely cooled, store in the fridge or freezer. ENJOY
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.