Gooey, fudge-y brownie swirled with a decadent paleo caramel sauce. These salted caramel chocolate brownies are paleo, gluten-free, and can be made keto-friendly as well.
Gooey, fudge-y salted caramel brownies. Does it get any more mouth watering than that?
The rich paleo brownies topped with a caramel swirl, dark chocolate, and a pinch of sea salt, the perfect combination if you ask me.
It sounds fancy, but I promise you they’re super easy to make! You know I wouldn’t steer you wrong.
These healthy brownies are paleo, grain-free, and can be made keto-friendly as well. They are great for the whole family to enjoy and you wouldn’t even know they were healthified.
What Caramel Sauce to Make
I used my paleo, vegan and gluten-free caramel sauce, which can be made keto as well (option see the post).
It’s quick and easy to make, and only requires 5 ingredients. Trust me, you’ll love it!
How to Make Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownies
These salted caramel brownies are better than anything you can find in stores and only require 7 ingredients along with my healthy caramel sauce.
The Salted Caramel Brownie ingredients
Chocolate chips or bar of choice- I prefer to use this paleo friendly option that are sweetened with coconut sugar.
Almond flour- keto, paleo and gluten free. Low in carbs and a source of healthy fats, protein and fiber.
Cacao powder- rich in iron, magnesium and potassium along with other nutrients. Provides added health benefits.
Maple syrup- used to naturally sweetened the brownies and adds an extra layer of flavor.
Eggs- make sure eggs are room temp. Room temp eggs are always best for baking unless otherwise specified.
Ghee or coconut oil- replaces butter for your non-dairy/paleo friendly option.
Coconut sugar- lower glycemic index than white sugar, paleo friendly.
Caramel sauce- you can use any caramel you prefer, but I prefer to use my homemade vegan version.
How To Make Caramel swirl brownies
First, preheat oven to 350 F.
Next, melt your chocolate chips or chocolate bar in a pot. I used the double boiler method for this step. If you are unsure of this method, you can refer to this post for directions.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, maple syrup, and ghee or coconut oil and mix well.
Then, in a separate bowl, add in the almond flour, cacao powder, a pinch of sea salt and baking soda. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
Gently fold melted chocolate into the batter.
Swirl in 2-3 Tbsp of caramel sauce into brownie batter and pour into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
Add another 3-4 Tbsp of caramel sauce on top.
To swirl caramel, use a butter knife and drag through the batter, creating the design you want (up and down, side to side, circles) until caramel sauce is evenly distributed.
Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until desired texture is achieved (gooey vs cakey).
Sprinkle some sea salt on top and add extra caramel sauce if desired.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Want the best salted caramel brownies on the block? Of course you do! Follow these tips to make sure your brownies turn out as good as ever:
- Sift the flours. This ensures that there are no clumps and all of your ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Baking soda. If you prefer a more dense, fudge-y brownie, omit the baking soda.
- Caramel swirl. Gently fold in the caramel swirl to avoid over-mixing.
- Extra chocolatey. If you like a super-rich, extra-extra-chocolatey type of brownie, add more chocolate chips on top with the salted caramel.
- Add salt. Sprinkle a little sea salt on top to perfectly compliment that sweet, decadent caramel.
How to Make Keto Brownie
This recipe can easily be made keto friendly by swapping out just a couple ingredients:
Sugar free /Keto friendly chocolate chips
Sugar-free maple syrup: instead of regular maple syrup, you can use your favorite keto-friendly option.
Monk fruit: Instead of using coconut sugar in this recipe, swap it out with this sugar free sweetener.
How to Serve Sea Salt Caramel Brownies
Is there any way NOT to serve a brownie?!
These are delicious on their own, but they especially tasty when topped with a scoop of your favorite ice-cream or with a little extra caramel sauce drizzled on top.
Or all of the above…
You can warm up the brownie in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, add your scoop of ice cream and finish with a little extra caramel sauce…
Boom! You’ve got an awesome ice cream sundae. Go ahead and add some of your favorite whipped creams and/or nuts if you’re feeling fancy.
If you’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth for breakfast you could always crumble the brownie over some yogurt for a little breakfast treat!
How to Store Caramel Swirl Brownies
To Store: These gluten free caramel brownies are best kept in the fridge. When stored in an airtight container, these brownies can last for up to two weeks.
To freeze: Slice brownies into individual squares.
Wrap each brownie square in parchment paper and place it into a freezer-safe bag. These brownies will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months!
What’s your favorite kind of brownie? Leave a comment below!
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS! YOU CAN USE “TRIED IT” ON PINTEREST OR SHARE ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #SHUANGYSEATS
More Healthy brownie Recipes you may Like:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Melt chocolate chips or chocolate bar in a pot. You can use the microwave or double boiler method for this step **.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, and ghee (or coconut oil). Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and baking soda (if using any). Gently fold melted chocolate into the batter.
- Swirl in 2-3 Tbsp of caramel sauce into brownie batter and pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Add additional chocolate chips (if desired) another 3-4 Tbsp of caramel sauce on top. To swirl caramel, use a butter knife and drag through the batter, caramel sauce is evenly distributed.
- Bake 20 - 23 minutes, or until preferred gooey/cakey-ness. Add more caramel sauce on top if desired, sprinkle some sea salt. Enjoy!
- * If prefer dense brownies, you can omit the baking soda all together.
- ** If using the double-boiling method for the chocolate, refer to this post for detailed directions.
- Youu can also add in 2 -3 tbsp of coconut sugar depending on the sweet level of the chocolate you are using and your sweet taste.
Disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This does not result in any extra cost for you, but it does mean that I make a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe, which may vary.